Friday, December 5, 2008

We're having a boy, or so the string says!



We were over at some friends house the other evening for a post-thanksgiving get together after the traditional Window Opening on Main Street. You can picture it- a bunch of women sitting around the table, drinks and of course snacks were all around. After awhile the conversation led to the one and only pregnant lady at the table - that'd be ME, "Are you going to find out again what you are having?" "Do you have a feeling either way?" The answers are yes, we're finding out and no, I don't have a hunch- it will either be a boy or it will be a girl- I'm practical like that and truly don't have a feeling! The more "mature" ladies at the table went on to say that they used to do the Drano test, the so and so test and the STRING test. So... in a matter of minutes there was string, a ring and a bunch of women so excited they were going to find out right then and there who was growing inside my belly. Because you know- whatever the STRING says is the gospel truth- or at least that's what these ladies say.

So, I guess we're having a boy. Might as well buy the blue, paint Audrey's room from pink to blue and pick out a little man's name. I'll get on that AFTER our December 22nd sonogram appointment. No offense ladies but I have to see the parts of that baby to be sure.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you Kara. The string test is not very reliable. Why would anyone believe such unscientific evidence. I have found the Drain-o test to be much more accurate due to the fact that it is based on a proven chemical reation. It worked for me! Good Luck! Missy

lbergkamp said...

I love all of these little messages! Makes me miss you so much. I'm sure the holidays are so fun with Audrey and the house. I hope you are feeling good and can't wait to see you sometime soon. Maybe Sabetha is calling my name around spring break time! Love ya, Laura

vwiese said...

I had the this test done so many times and it said I was having a girl so you know that it does not always work. Little boy wiese will be here in just a few months ;)

Anonymous said...

Kara - I have enjoyed checking your blog from time to time. I found it through Jaspers. Got to love the string test - is this the one that tells you the sex and # of kids you are going to have? I did one simular but w/a pencil on a string and the results multiple time was 7 boys :) Anyway I have my boy and girl and I am very blessed. Have a great day - Miranda Lehmann

Kara said...

Hi Miranda,
Thanks for posting! Yes, that is the one where it tells you how many kids you'll have and what sex. Who knows - I guess it has a 50% chance of being right and all of that is just luck I think! :)
You take care and Merry Christmas!
Kara

About Me

Kansas, United States
Wife to high school sweetheart, mom of a spunky but sweet 4 1/2 year old, an ornery but cute 2 year old and a "sweet" baby girl.