Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Celebrating 30!

October 19th I celebrated 30 years! It started off with 3 girlfriends from Sabetha picking me up and taking me to Weston for a girls night, girls dinner and girls talk till 2am. It was just lovely!

Saturday morning Chris picked me up at 11 in Weston and he easily swayed me to go to our favorite pizza place in KC: Waldo Pizza in Waldo, MO. It didn't take much convincing- b/c when hunger strikes a pregnant lady she just needs food and my favorite pizza sounded great!

We walked in and Chris took my hand to the "party room" and I knew it- this would not be a table for 2. It was about 50 of my most favorite people in one room! They were all in a semi circle and all yelled out the SURPRISE! I cried and my hands and legs were shaking! It was perfect! I just wanted to have a BIG group hug, but instead I contained the tears and the shaking subsided and the party went on.

Next on the agenda would typically be a nap for the pregnant Momma- but we're in KC and I'm 30 and I'm not going to the hotel like a fuddy duddy and taking a snoozer. So, Chris and I went to Starbucks on the plaza and had a nice drink (and blueberry muffin for me and baby), then to the hotel- Hotel Phillips downtown and freshened up and on to the next partay! I tell you what- this husband made the plans!

After watching our Cats loose to the Buffs in a swank party room where our friend Marc lives downtown we ventured to the Power and Light District and got a feel for night life in KC. Let's just say I felt very mature and over-dressed or should I say very well clothed.

My sweet pregnant friend Edee bought me a fun drink (cranberry juice and 7-up) in a fun glass- I felt so up town!

Chris did awesome- he exceeded expectations and proved that he is a planner and he can throw a big gig when he wants to! Thanks hun!

And to all my friends and family who helped me celebrate these first 30 years of life- THANKS! I can't wait to live the next 30 with you!








2 comments:

The Frazee's said...

KARA
WHAT A FUN TIME!! HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!

vwiese said...

Happy belated birthday sister!!!! Sounds like it was a great day!!!

About Me

Kansas, United States
Wife to high school sweetheart, mom of a spunky but sweet 4 1/2 year old, an ornery but cute 2 year old and a "sweet" baby girl.