After numerous tests, cultures, probes etc the doctors have decided to go ahead and treat Roman with Kawaski Disease. They are pretty sure that's what he has (with KD it's hard to be 100% sure that's the diagnosis) but at this point the little dude is not getting any better and they need to start with some sort of treatment. He can't stand, can't even hold his head up- he's a sick guy!! So, the treatment (via an IV) starts and we pray that he'll start showing signs of getting better.
We'll head to KC tomorrow to visit him. Hopefully Audrey will be able to see him- she talks about him a lot and Roman has enjoyed listening to a voice message from Audrey. He actually laughs just a little when he listens to Audrey and that's a big deal!
Thanks for all your prayers-- please continue to pray.
3 comments:
Hi Kara!
I don't know if Child Life is visiting Roman, or Halle, but I have a friend from Hole In The Wall that is a Child Life Specialist at Children's Mercy....Her name is Angie Hoeneke. I'm not sure what floor she works on, but tell Luke & Robyn to keep their eyes out for her! She's a sweetheart. She even visited Sabetha after my first summer in CT! I'll call her and let her know too!
Hope he is doing better!
Morgan
Kara - we will definatly be praying for Lukes little man. I know how hard it is to have one of your babies in the hospital and the doctors not sure what to do. Please let everyone know that they are in our prayers.
Kara-
We'll definitely keep Roman in our prayers - how scary for Luke & Robyn. Aaron thought we met you guys on our way home from KC today - I was snoozing. Please keep us posted!
Post a Comment