On Thursday we took off a side to Audrey's crib and put up a mesh "railing". The past few days nap time and bed time have been touch and go. This evening we decided to do as books and people have told us and each time she gets out of bed, put her back in. As a favorite book (Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child) of mine says "be silent and unemotional; appear disinterested or mechanical. No more night entertainment." So, that's what we did last night- we kept a tally like the book says and we had 62 of those little marks on a sticky note before the little toddler gave up and and went to sleep.
I had moments of anger, laughter, feeling confident this is the "right" thing to do, feelings of no, we shouldn't be doing this, and true saddness and tears when she would say between sobs- "lay down Mommy, Audrey's bed". Break my heart, thank goodness Chris knew I couldn't do it anymore because I was going to fold, break, give in and "rescue" my precious baby but thank goodness for a husband who took over in my moment of weakness. If we would give in- she'd win and we'd have to start all over and no one wants that!
The good thing- once she's down- she'd down- didn't wake up till 7:20am this morning. And NO we did not let her sleep in- that's not the deal. I'd much rather her be up at 7:20 like the rest of the world than sleeping in and taking a late nap and then going to bed late- that's not fun to me.
So, that was Sunday night!
Monday nap time update will come later.....
3 comments:
Wow, wow, wow. You are stronger than I would be. I think I would have caved. I hope tonight's tally is less!!!
good job guys-it will get easier i promise!!
gina
Stick with it as you'll love the results! Good luck!
Post a Comment