Ok, so this prego Momma is feeling quite large and in charge these days- no need to tell me- I FEEL IT!
A few days ago someone felt the need to just let me know. This person was a woman, I guess I would have felt better if it was a man- cause sometimes they just don't know better but this woman should have known better! Here's the conversation:
CW(clueless woman): When are you due again?
KT: End of May.
CW: Wow, THAT long, I thought you were due in just a couple weeks.
KT: trying to steer the conversation to something other than my pregnancy- but it didn't work.
CW: (looking right at my belly) This must be a good sized baby then huh?
KT: Well, I'm not sure but I feel like I'm carrying all out in front (just trying to make myself feel better).
I'm sure this won't be the end of the things to not say list. Stay tuned!
6 comments:
Oh Kara...every woman (especially those that have 'been with child') should know to tell you that you look wonderful no matter HOW swollen/big/pregnant you are!
I take it this lady wasn't in the age group where they lose their tact & you kind of just excuse it....
Hi Kara - I'm sure you look beautiful - you looked great when we were at WOF in KC. Here's a comment I got when I was 3 weeks over due with my first. "Is that NORMAL???" (glad they don't let you girls go that long now.)
I always loved to hear, "Are they sure it isn't twins?"
Poppa says that there is nothing more beautiful than a pregnant woman -- has said that for years! And I agree with him -- hang in there -- you are loved! K :.)
kara
ok so i saw you a few days ago-im trying to retrack our conversation!!!! i thought you looked great :) i remember jaspers grandma ask me how i was feeling and preceded to tell me that i looked rather large (that was when i had like 8 more weeks to go)-gotta just laugh
gina
You are positively beautiful!
Enjoy these remaining weeks and keep smiling.
Post a Comment