Well, it's a first! I was escorting Audrey Kathleen to time out this morning and she did the "dead fish" move on me and I kept hold of her arm. I immediately thought to myself that I shouldn't have kept hold but I did. She held her arm to her side for the next couple hours and watched twenty minutes of tv on the couch without moving (which she NEVER does) so I called the clinic and they told us to come on up. Of course Daddy is out of town so he couldn't just come home and put it back in place. But, Dr. Kerry did it for us and it was very easy and Audrey was back to her normal self within minutes.
Times like these I just LOVE living in a small town. I remember reading a post from a friend who lives in the city and this exact same situation happened to her child. They sat in a busy ER for 4 HOURS before seeing a Doctor and then of course it takes the Doctor two minutes to get it back in place. Oh, I so appreciate our hospital, clinic and Physicians here ~ we have it so good!
To read another reason whey small towns are wonderful- read my friend Vikkie's post on June 15th titled "I Heart Small Towns" - it's great!
4 comments:
ahhhhhhh poor audrey-ouch!! sweet little audrey in time out?
g
Oh no! I did this with Owen at a department store in St. Louis as I was trying to hold both boys. I went to lift him up and it popped out of place. We sat at home for about an hour. He was doing the same thing that Audrey was doing. We then told him we would go to McDonald's before we saw the Dr. He threw up his arms in excitment as he forgot about his arms and popped it back himself. Was fine after that. Oh the joys of parenting.....
As for your "green" question on my blog I knew2 days later and called the Dr. before the pregnancy test would show! :) Lots of prayers please!
Oh Kara!!! Your poor,sweet girl... Andrew had that happen awhile back.
I echo Vikkie's blog post about small towns. I can't wait, simply can't wait to be back to small town america!
Post a Comment