I'm not a fan of buying 2, 3 and even 4 dollar cards- that's just hard for me. So, when we got married I came up with this idea: (let's just say Chris was in TOTAL agreeance on this idea)
* items needed: blank book and a pen
* for birthday's holiday's, anniversaries- any occasion that would warrant a card you go and write in the book- that's it.
* not only do we write "sweet nothings" in the book-- we write what we did to celebrate that ocassion
What I like most about this idea is:
--it costs nothing (after you buy the book which shouldn't be much)
--looking back and reading what we did in years past for certain occasions and... the sweet one liners are always nice to read too :-)
--it's just easy!
5 comments:
That IS a good idea...wish you would have shared that 5 years ago! :)
great idea kara-your kids will love reading that someday
g
What an awesome idea Kara! I wish I would have thought of that or known years ago too :) Half the time we never buy a card either...just do the ole verbal happy 'whatever' :) You are so creative.
We copied your idea a few years ago.....I wonder where that book is now and when the last time we wrote in it??? Good for you for keeping up with it! Maybe it will be a Nicholas Sparks book someday! I know how you love a good Sparks book!
Love the idea--I might have to steal it!
Post a Comment