Friday, August 17, 2012

The First Day

It was a Thursday morning.  August 16th that my oldest baby started kindergarten.  She was excited and nervous both.  I felt the same only a tinge (ok, a big tinge of sadness).  


That same day my middle child, my only boy started preschool.  He's only 3 years and 3 months but he was pumped to be doing something so big boyish.
 All three of them together.
Daddy walking with his girls, Ike and I tagging along.  
Audrey at her table.  
 I had to get several hugs and kisses.  She did awesome.  She didn't cry at all.  I was glad I had sunglasses to put on while walking out the school doors!
 Here's Ike at preschool.  He was super happy.  Such my big boy.
 Shortly after this picture was taken, I walked out the doors to hear a crying boy.  "I kiss Cockine".  So we went out to the van to kiss Caroline.  Took him back in, left and in the window is my boy crying his head off.  I put the van in reverse quickly and drove off.  I'm sure by the time I got to the next block - he was happy as ever.  
 Drove home with this little girl.  She was so bored and didn't know what to do that she slept for 2 hours.  
Such a great day.  A day of many firsts.  

3 comments:

Randi S said...

she was so bored...hilarious! :)

Jas said...

now lets hear about her second day?!!?!? :(

Leslie Scoby said...

I remember the day you went to kindergarten because it was my first day of teaching!!

About Me

Kansas, United States
Wife to high school sweetheart, mom of a spunky but sweet 4 1/2 year old, an ornery but cute 2 year old and a "sweet" baby girl.