Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Tattoos!

Tattoos are very interesting to me. As a teenager some kids "think" they want tattoos and when they hit 18 go get one just because they can. I never had this desire- I know I had others but getting my body inked was never one of them- I was that much of a fuddy duddy I guess. Recently some girls (who also happen to be mommy's now) and I were talking about tattoos and how they both had tattoos - one of them had one and the other girl had 4. They both have looked into tattoo removal and one had the procedure done although it wasn't a complete job- lots of money later the tat still remains- just slightly blurred now. The other girl has looked into removal and is most likely going to have it done as well. They both look back and think getting those tattoos was pretty stupid. I do think some tattoos are really cool and look "fitting" on the person. But I'm glad I don't have a big tat on my ever stretched belly (or any other body part for that matter) right now- that thing would look so hideous and I'm afraid it would resemble nothing but a blob of ink with absolutely NO form at all. How cool would that be?
I am just hoping that Audrey will ONLY do tattoos that go on with water and are put on by her Daddy. Hopefully this isn't the start of a trend.....
Here's a party favor from her cousin Ashton's birthday party- it's a fire truck.

1 comment:

vwiese said...

Kara,
this made me think of that skit from SNL on the moms with back tattoos and a topical removal, have you seen that? You have got to see it if you haven't. It is the best!!!

About Me

Kansas, United States
Wife to high school sweetheart, mom of a spunky but sweet 4 1/2 year old, an ornery but cute 2 year old and a "sweet" baby girl.