Friday, July 1, 2011

Summer Vacation

Our summer vacation this year took us to Chadron State Park in Nebraska and to the Black Hills, Mount Rushmore area in South Dakota.

Here are some highlights:

paddleboating
 fishing
 fishing
 catching a fish, a rainbow trout!
 seeing Mount Rushmore
going on a walk with Daddy, Daddy had two kids that would not leave his side for 5 days straight! 
 our cute, rustic cabin
 fun cousin time with Garrett & Ashton
 smores
We had a great time, the kids did well on the drive (I heart my van), had quality family time and our 2011 summer vacation was a success!  After 9 hours in a car in one day my 29 week belly was sore and ready for a travel break.  :)

1 comment:

S Club Mama said...

oh your pictures are so Americana, Kara! :) I love the Mt. Rushmore - Isaac's face is classic. And I love love that s'mores picture!!

I love your family! When all this craziness settles from 4th of July, please please find a day you guys can join us for supper!!

About Me

Kansas, United States
Wife to high school sweetheart, mom of a spunky but sweet 4 1/2 year old, an ornery but cute 2 year old and a "sweet" baby girl.