When we lived in Kansas City and Chris was so busy with residency I took a organization class hosted by our church. It was AWESOME! I loved every minute of it. We met every Monday evening for 4 months(we had homework each week and had to come back and share how our tasks went for that week)
One of the MANY things I learned in that class was the 15 minute rule. You literally set your timer for 15 minutes and go around your home and pick up and put away. That was it. I used to do it quite frequently and then have gotten out of the habit. Today looking at my home that was very NOT picked up and NOT put away I remembered the 15 minute rule. So, while Ike's sleeping and Audrey's having quiet time I set the timer and went to work. WOW, it's amazing how much better everything looks. Now, if I can just remember to do this on a regular basis....

4 comments:
I am going to try this tonight!!!
ah...i love this rule except i do it with a small trash bag--its amazing how much stuff you will find....a milk carton lid..broken toys..just junk, trash laying around :)
I love this - going to attempt to do this every day...putting a reminder on my phone NOW!
I guess I do this anyway! Usually when it's naptime, I go around and pick up all the cars/trains/books that the boys have strewn every.where. :D
Post a Comment