Thursday, September 22, 2011

Well worth it

So, besides the fact that I get a beautiful baby girl after a long, hot 9 months of pregnancy I (I mean we) also have been very loved the past two weeks with an abundance of exceptional dinners & desserts.  We are so blessed with amazing church people & friends who can cook & bake very very well!

Here's two desserts that I pretty much all by myself.....

this is a Blackbottom Pie- it's famous- I'm serious.
 this is a fresh peach pie that is really yummy all by itself but I found it really
REALLY yummy with vanilla ice cream.  It was best eaten around 9pm in the evening with Caroline on my chest snoozing.  (yes, I was careful not to dribble the gooey yumminess on her) 
Those are just two of MANY MANY wonderful things we have had.  I think I am forgetting how to cook a meal for my family but for right now- I'm ok with that. 

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Yum! That piece you shared with me was sooo good! Once I tasted it I realized what an amazing act of kindness that was to actually share it! Not sure I could have been so unselfish!

Tiffany said...

Wow, those do look super tasty!

cjohnson said...

Is that Blackbottom Pie a Grandma Strahm? If so ... I am SOOO jealous!!

Kara said...

Carrie it WAS a Gma Strahm pie!! Wow
It was sooooo yummy!

About Me

Kansas, United States
Wife to high school sweetheart, mom of a spunky but sweet 4 1/2 year old, an ornery but cute 2 year old and a "sweet" baby girl.